Monday, March 30, 2009

Elder Olsen Letter 30 March 2009

Hello Family!



I had quite an eventful and surprising week. So I am staying in south shore, last presidents interviews i asked president bennion if I could get green dotted(which means that I can drive) he told me that he would look into it for me. Cause I got a lot of tickets before my mission. last Saturday night president calls me up and well mom your never gonna believe it he got me green dotted! haha you said that I would never drive on my mission. He told me that and then he told me that the real reason that he called is because he wants me to train a new missionary this transfer. Well I was pretty shocked and still am; I feel like I just barely got trained tomorrow at transfer meeting I meet my kid I am pretty excited! We had to take our car into the shop last week so we have been without a car for a few days. I probably won’t have one for at least another week but it could be more than that. we are walking everywhere as of now. I feel kind of bad for my kid because he is not going to be used to walking allot and our area is huge so we are going to be doing a lot of walking. Sometimes we can get a ride from the Spanish elders that we live with but not all the time. At least it will teach him how to work hard right at the beginning of his mission. So everyone pray for me; I don’t feel adequate to be training someone yet. yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and it was awesome. I would say that 70 percent of the testimonies were missionary related! It was amazing. I shared a really neat story of how we found a lady named Jane. I don’t remember if I told you guys about it or not it was great. The work is really starting to pick up; one of the members brought a friend from poland to church yesterday She is 19 and has been here for 8 months ; she is really cool we gave her a polish book of Mormon that we happened to have in the pad. She really liked church I am excited for her! We haven’t been able to get in contact with cynthia and her kids this past week; were not sure what is going on. I hope that she didn’t get anti'ed.. Please pray for her as well. I don’t have very much time today. I love you all and thank you so much for your prayers and support! You are all awesome!


Hurrah For Israel!!!!!!!!


Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment