Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Elder Olsen Letter 7 March 2009

Hello Family!!

This week has been pretty good. Conference was amazing! I loved it so much, I think that my favorite talk was Jeffrey Holland’s yesterday on the atonement that talk was amazing. I think it was exactly what allot of people needed right now. There is a man in our ward brother --------- he was baptized like a year ago and his wife and kids just left him and took off to Texas. He has been going through a pretty rough time. He was sitting at home debating whether or not he should come to the church to watch conference. He then prayed and decided that he should come; well he got there right before elder Holland’s talk Afterwards he told me the story it was just amazing! The talk really touched him and gave him hope to keep moving forward and put his trust and faith in Jesus Christ.


I was sitting next to --------------- during that talk; he is the man that got baptized like 3 weeks ago. He loved it and was crying and everything. He is actually going to Utah in May to see temple square and everything. He has a few friends that really want him to come. He is going through a really rough time right now. He and his wife are getting separated. I hope that the kids are not too harmed from the situation. The other talks that I really liked were Uckdorfs in priesthood well actually the last 3 in priesthood were all pretty amazing! It was really motivating! We had 2 investigators who came to the morning session yesterday. Gloria and George who are both committed to get baptized on the 24th of May. They really enjoyed it and felt the spirit. They really liked president Monson’s talk at the end of the first session. . Oh yeah I forgot to tell you transfers were last Tuesday right. I got a call from president Bennion Monday night at 1030 pm, he called to tell me that he had just found out that the Elder that I was supposed to train is staying in the MTC longer because he doesn’t know English good enough yet. They moved elder Merrill to a different ward about 10 minutes from south shore and called elder Alder (who was in the M.T.C with me also) that night and told him that he was getting transferred when before he was staying. Now I am with Elder alder.. I don’t know if I am going to still be training the kid. It will probably depend on allot of things. We will see I did find out that the kid is from brazil, Tyler told me about some kid that he knew or something that was coming to my mission. Im not sure if it is the same person. His name is elder gaspar(not sure if the spelling is right) So yeah I hope that was not confusing.

Things are going good the work is coming along good we still don’t have a car so that is really hindering the work. We have allot of people that we need to be seeing but cant cause it is too far. It has been hard to find rides but we have been doing allot of walking and knocking doors. Tyler sounds like he is doing really well. ! He is out of the MTC tomorrow right? I love you all thanks so much for everything that you do for me! I have the best family in the world! Hurrah For Israel!!!!!
Elder Olsen (mikey)

No comments:

Post a Comment