Thursday, January 14, 2010

11 Jan 2010

Hey everyone
Well I had a pretty good week. This is week 6 of the transfer so don’t send anything to my apartment. Send everything to the mission office address (8569 60 Dr. Elmhurst, NY, 11373) I think that I am going to be staying here but you never know. I really do hope that I will be able to stay here for at least one more transfer. So everyone please pray for me that I can stay! We have a lot of really good things happening right now. Yesterday we only had 3 investigators at church. But all 3 of them are moving well and should be ready to be baptized in the next few weeks. The Frazier family was sick yesterday or else they would have come. So pray for them that they will be feeling better soon. They are really awesome. I don’t remember if I told you guys about them last week. But basically troy got baptized over 10 years ago and was never really active. Now he has a wife and 4 kids. We stopped by last Sunday night and found him. We have taught them 3 times this last week and they are doing awesome. Tuesday night was the first time that we met the wife. They have a 2 year old daughter that is a little crazy most of the time. And she was going crazy while we were teaching the lesson. We watched the Restoration movie, and the whole time that the movie was going the mom had to tend for the little girl. She was really sidetracked; she even had to leave the room a couple of times. We had all ready met with the dad and the kids before this night and we knew that they were all good and that they would accept the gospel, the mom was the only one that we were not sure about because we had not met her yet. So basically the mom is the make it or break it one. Eternal family sealed in the temple or not! So we were really hoping that she would be receptive. Especially because troy and the kids were so awesome. So right at the start of the movie I just started praying, I prayed all through out the movie. I was seriously pleading with the lord. That she would feel the spirit and know that these things are true, that despite all of the distractions that she would be able to feel the spirit and be touched by it. I remember actually saying those words. Well the movie finished and we testified and committed them all to pray and ask god if what they saw in the movie really happened. The next day we came by again, opened with a prayer and than asked if they had all prayed. They all had prayed, the mom said that she had a question but that she was embarrassed to ask it. She told us that she didn’t know if it was normal or why she felt the way she did… but that yesterday when she was watching the movie she just felt like crying. Ha-ha it was awesome… so we taught about the fruits of the spirit. God truly answers our prayers and hears our cries. When we are sincere and have faith and our will is aligned with his it will be done. I love this work. Please continue to pray for me and our investigators. I love you all
Hurrah for Israel!!!
Elder Michael Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment