Monday, September 27, 2010

27 Sept 2010

Hey everyone

Well yesterday was an amazing day! I was able to baptize Diane, it was seriously one of the best baptisms of my mission. Diane is a really special lady. Her 2 daughters came Denique and Shanell, and she also brought 2 of her friends to the baptism. It was a really spiritual baptism. Denique and Shanell will be baptized soon as well. Diane is going to be such a big help to the ward here, I really think that she will be the Relief Society president soon. ha ha . . It was the perfect last Sunday of my mission yesterday, I feel really lucky and blessed to have had such an amazing mission. I have been thinking about that allot lately and I really feel like I didn't deserve any of the amazing experiences that i have had. I have been so blessed with so many amazing people that i have been able to help come into the church and be baptized. This last week I was able to go to the temple in Manhattan, that was really cool. President and Sister Nelson came as well and it was really nice to be able to talk with President. Well i have really loved my mission, believe me when i say that i really don't deserve any of the blessings and miracles that i have seen and been a part of on my mission. They have all been tender mercies of the Lord. I am not perfect, and i make many mistakes every day, but i guess the most important thing that i have learned from my mission is that about the Atonement of Christ. That even though i make mistakes, i can be forgiven. I cant accomplish anything on my own, especially when doing the lords work, but through the atonement i can do anything that the Lord needs me too. There have been so many times on my mission that I will walk out of a lesson with someone that was just incredible, there was a great out pouring of the spirit and i truly felt like I was an instrument for God, And the first thing that i always think is why me? I make so many mistakes and am so in perfect, but yet God will still use me as an instrument. I know that it is only because of the Atonement of Christ. I love all of you and i am so grateful for all of your prayers and support, i have really felt their power through out my mission. I love this gospel and i love Jesus Christ and i hope that i can serve him the rest of my life faithfully. The church is true and the God of Israel leads our lives, if we will let him.
Hurrah For Israel!!
Elder Michael Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment